Web Hosting - Payment Policy
This policy is presented by The Purple Spade, a USA-based web design and hosting provider.
Paying for web hosting-related services and products
The Purple Spade outline on this page our Terms of Payment for web services such as domain name registrations, web hosting, and any related web hosting products, such as software or CMS. We can accept payment(s) via check by mail or by credit and debit cards using PayPal, Square, or Stripe. In order for us to help keep your overheads and ours down, we suggest that payments are made using online methods such as Faster Payments. The easiest way to make a payment is by using online banking through your client portal. If you have used online banking before then you will find it reasonably simple to set up a one-off payment to be sent for the payment(s) due.
PAYMENT by CHECK –
This payment method is free and has no surcharges. To make payments by check please use the postal address as it appears on the bottom of your invoice. If paying by check then any services requested may be delayed until the check payment clears. Because checks would be posted using traditional postal services, then this all can add time to getting your services activated.
PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD or DEBIT CARD USING PAYPAL, SQUARE, or STRIPE –
If you wish to pay by Credit or Debit Card, then we use either Paypal, Square, or Stripe to process the payments securely using their own online systems. Your credit (or debit) card information is protected and is never disclosed to us, and all payment gateways handle the transactions using secure HTTPS servers. There may be a small handling charge involved.
Any information that you share with either PayPal, Square, or Stripe is governed by their own specific terms and conditions. To find out more about either of these services please refer to their own sites which will give you the information about their services.
Making your payments on time
Our payment terms are strict as follows:
Domain Name Registrations – Domain names must be paid for in full before domain names are purchased or renewed by us. At our own discretion, we may choose to automatically renew domain names and issue an invoice to you for these services. Until paid in full the domain name(s) although registered to you are still liable for payment if the domain has been renewed by us at our own expense.
Web Hosting Services – Web Hosting services are renewable annually at the prescribed rates as they appear on our web hosting overview page.
We, therefore, request that all payments are made as soon as you receive an invoice from us. If payments are not made within 15 days of the invoice date this may lead to disruptions in your services. If payments are made late, this may incur a late payment fee and other charges to cover costs.
Billing and Payments
All charges payable by you for the Services shall be in accordance with the scale of charges and rates published from time to time by us on our website and shall be due and payable in advance of provision of the Services. We reserve the right to change pricing at any time although all pricing is guaranteed for the period of pre-payment. Payment is due each anniversary year following the date the Services were established until closure notice is given in writing. The Purple Spade operates a paperless billing system, whereby invoices are sent as links in emails and can be downloaded as PDFs, as communications sent from us to you. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have the correct email address for you at all times that we can contact you, and if your email address should change, it is your sole responsibility to update this information in your client profile in your client portal area or on the Site Tools Hosting Control system.
Your hosting services account will be suspended if you fail to pay any invoice on time. Invoices are raised 30 to 60 days prior to your account renewals, including hosting, domain names, etc. You should ensure that payments are made promptly to avoid any disruptions to the services we provide for you, and if for some reason you have not paid any charges due at least 7 days prior to domain renewals, we may at our sole discretion, not renew the domain name. If you do not make payments within 7 days of the due date of any service expiry date, we reserve the right to suspend your services without warning, and we may at our discretion, remove any files, data, or stop any services as being provided still at that time, on your hosting account.
IMPORTANT: Once the domain name has expired services relating to this domain will stop working. If payments have lapsed and the account goes into suspension, then any files that are removed from the servers may be lost, and we are not liable in any way for data loss in any circumstances whatsoever.
Billing – Suspended Accounts
If your account is suspended due to a billing issue then we reserve the right to charge you an administration fee of up to $150.00 to reinstate your account. This fee does not cover any domain name fees or legal fees that we may have to pay to recover an unpaid debt.
Billing – Returned Payments
If any payments are returned to us as “unpaid” then we reserve the right to charge you an administration fee of up to $50.00, plus any additional bank charges as may have been incurred by us.
If your web hosting is not paid for before the renewal date
If your web hosting package(s) are not paid for before the renewal date then The Purple Spade fully reserves the rights to either:
1. At our own discretion we may choose to automatically renew the web hosting package and issue an invoice to you for these services. Until paid in full the web hosting services after this point will be considered temporary until payment is made in FULL. You are still liable for payment if the web hosting has been renewed by us at our own expense if we believe that we are acting in *good faith on your behalf;
1.2 “Good Faith” for the avoidance of any doubt is defined as acting in the best interest of the client. The domain name and/or services that the client has paid for in the past, or frequency of contact in emails, phone calls, or letters, may indicate to us that their lack of response for a renewal request was down to circumstances beyond their control at that time. As a responsible business offering these services, we would like to think of ourselves as being caring enough to deal with each specific renewal on a case-by-case basis. If your domain name and/or services have been renewed automatically by The Purple Spade, then we have taken this course of action to protect YOUR INTERESTS and therefore we would deem you legally liable to reimburse the charges you have been invoiced for.
2. Put your hosting package into a state of “Paused” which will mean that any websites or domain names on that package may cease to function until the payment is made in full;
3. Stop your web hosting package without any further notice to yourselves, and make an immediate demand for any and all payments due.
Any associated websites, email accounts or databases connected to the domain name(s) that have NOT been paid for by yourself, will cease to function on, or just after the expiry date of the domain name renewal date. We are NOT obliged to make any website backup(s) unless you may have instructed as otherwise. Please remember to remove any email accounts from your email software program to prevent error messages.
We ask all clients to make payments promptly when requested to do so. This helps keep everything in balance. If payments are not made on time, or within an agreed time limit, then the following conditions will apply:
1. Invoice(s) are sent out usually in advance of web hosting, domain name, or SSL renewals. As each invoice is raised, it will show an “Issue Date”. We would expect to have cleared payment within 15 days of the invoice being sent out to you. If payment is not made within 15 days then condition 2 applies.
2. We will remind you that a payment is due for the invoice raised. Normally clients would then pay the amount outstanding at this point, and keep their account with us in order. However, if payment is not then received by us then condition 3 applies.
3. Further reminders are sent requesting payment be brought up to date (reminders may be sent by email, client portal, or in telephone conversations with the client) and the client is extended a grace period of up to 30 days from the “Issue Date” of the invoice in which to make their payment. After the 30-day period has expired, then accounts or invoices that remain unpaid thirty (30) days after the date of the invoice will be assessed a service charge in the amount of the higher of three and one-half percent (3.5%) or $25.00 per month of the total amount due (whichever is greater). In the meanwhile, any further updates and/or changes to the website will be declined until payment is made in full, and the account is brought up to date.
Additionally, if an account does fall into arrears, and payment is then made late, it may mean that future updates and changes to your website would be charged for in “advance” by us.
4. Interest on late commercial payments – After a period of 60 days from the date the invoice was raised or issued, then we reserve the right to charge in addition to section 3 of Late Payments, “statutory interest” at eight percent (8.00%).
Review Of This Policy
The Purple Spade reserve the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of this Term or Policy at any time without notice. Failure to receive notification of a change does not make those changes invalid.
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in January 2023.
This policy represents your web design agreement with The Purple Spade, in addition to all emails exchanged between us and yourselves. Please retain your emails for future reference in the unlikely event of any dispute.